1. PTSD Therapy Doesn’t Trigger Drug Relapse in Addiction Patients
(HealthDay News) — Talk therapy for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) doesn’t appear to increase addiction treatment patients’ risk of relapse, a small new study says. (https://www.usnews.com)
2. Alberta announces $10M for addiction recovery communities in Lethbridge County, Blood Tribe First Nation
The government of Alberta is investing $25 million toward the construction of five addiction recovery communities throughout the province, which aim to treat those dealing with drug addictions and mental health concerns. (https://globalnews.ca)
3. Alcohol Sales Relaxed In Northern Ireland To Help Covid-19 Hit Businesses
Stormont ministers have announced that alcohol sale restrictions will be relaxed, allowing pubs and nightclubs across Northern Ireland to serve alcohol until 2 am on weekends, an hour later than was previously permitted. The legislation is due to be implemented in early 2021 and is intended to support the hospitality industry, which has faced financial challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic. (bbc.co.uk)
4. In Shadow of Pandemic, U.S. Drug Overdose Deaths Resurge to Record.
Drug deaths in America, which fell for the first time in 25 years in 2018, rose to record numbers in 2019 and are continuing to climb, a resurgence that is being complicated and perhaps worsened by the coronavirus pandemic.(https://www.nytimes.com)
5. Mysterious Brain Structure Sheds Light On Drug Addiction.
Do you remember where you were when you first heard that two planes had crashed into New York’s Twin Towers? Or where you had your first kiss? Our brains are wired to retain information that relates to the context in which (medicalxpress.com)